Monday, November 5, 2012

6.580 Sextillion Tons



Superman rant, go:


I am too much excited for the new Superman title from Scott Snyder and Jim Lee due out in 2013. No amount of fb bickering will ever prevent me from picking that up. EVER. But that said…

A recent preview of Superman #13 (the current ongoing) depicted Supes bench pressing the equivalent weight of the Earth for 5 days straight, at the center of the planet, cut-off from sunlight. It caused him to drip a single bead of sweat.  (see below)

See
THIS is what people who hate on Superman, HATE ABOUT SUPERMAN. I’m all for Kal-el possessing seemingly god-like power. It makes dealing with failure so much more compelling for a simple Kansas farm boy.

I like my Superman stopping bullet trains, catching falling jetliners, steadying crumbling bridges and lifting oil tankers out of the ocean but can we agree that 6.580 sextillion tons is a bit much? Let’s leave it at a nice round number like… I dunno, 700,000 pounds?

How much does an oil tanker weigh?


Lookin' good in the red shorts, Supes. Don't wanna sweat in your super-suit,
that don't wash out!









































Next up, invulnerability with my friend M Glenn Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment